TORQUE AND POWER MONITORING
With the enormous cost of downtime in mining operations, Binsfeld understands how important it is for companies in the mining industry to keep their operation running efficiently. TorqueTrak products are used in the development, commissioning, and operation stages of a variety of mining equipment including conveyors, excavators, and mills. Our products allow clients in the mining market to measure the true mechanical torque and power on virtually any rotating shaft, helping minimize downtime and increase operational efficiency.
- Root cause pulley and bearing failures
Process Monitoring & Control
- Reduce downtime by knowing when coupling, gearbox, or bearing performance is degrading
- Initiate preventative maintenance or replace worn components only when needed
- Verify actual conveyor performance against theoretical models (demand power, shaft torque, dynamic behavior)
- Confirm adequate load sharing and VFD functionality
- Increase conveyor capacity by knowing power losses in gears/coupling
MINING PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Sealed torque and power monitoring system with digital data output.
Temporary torque measurement system for rotating shafts.
TORQUE MEASUREMENT SERVICES
When you need to know the real torque (or horsepower) on your machinery or drive system consider Binsfeld Torque Measurement Services.
MINING CASE STUDIES
The following application story is taken from the “THE VALUE OF FIELD MEASUREMENTS ON OVERLAND CONVEYORS” by David J. Kruse and Ryan Lemmon of Advanced Conveyor Technologies (AC-Tek). The TorqueTrak 10K temporary torque measurement system was used to provide the...
BINSFELD ENGINEERING INC.
Binsfeld's Torque Measurement Systems measure true mechanical torque and power on rotating shafts. We also offer consultation, strain gaging and installation services.
Binsfeld's Rotary Temperature Transmitter Systems provide accurate and reliable temperature control on heated godets and calendars. We also offer design and OEM services.
Sign-up to receive featured application stories, relevant news, tips, and new product release information for our torque measurement products.